There are plenty of great ways to enjoy your Cheerful Buddha chocolate, and here’s one of them – a rich, dark chocolate cake covered with CBD chocolate buttercream icing.
200g self-raising flour
200g unsalted butter, softened (or vegan butter alternative)
200g caster sugar
4 large eggs, beaten (or 4 flax eggs made with 1 tbsp flaxseed and 1-2 tbsp water for each egg)
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp milk (or 3 tbsp plant milk such as oat milk or almond milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
70g (1 bar) Cheerful Buddha chocolate, melted in a bowl suspended over simmering water
3 tbsp cocoa powder
Two pinches of sea salt
70g (1 bar) Cheerful Buddha chocolate, melted in a bowl suspended over simmering water 250g butter, softened (or vegan butter alternative)
400g icing sugar
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp double cream (or 3tbsp vegan cream alternative)
To finish (optional)
A grating of Cheerful Buddha CBD chocolate.
- Preheat your oven to 190C (180C fan), gas mark 5.
- Combine all the cake ingredients in a food mixer and whizz until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Line a round cake tin with greaseproof paper and pour in the cake mix – or for quicker cooking, divide the mix between two cake tins.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes if using one tin and 20-25 minutes if using 2 tins. Remove from the oven once a metal skewer comes out with no cake mix on it.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix all the icing ingredients in a food mixer until smooth.
- If you baked the cake in one tin, cut the cake in half horizontally then stick the two halves back together with some of the icing, then cover the cake with the rest of the icing. If you cooked it in two cake tins, stick the two halves together with the icing then cover the whole cake in the rest of the icing.
- Grate on some chocolate (optional) and enjoy!